Pages

October 13, 2014

Start with Reflection

Start with Reflection

After you finish an assignment or project, it is always good to look back on the work you've done and ask yourself what you've done right and what you could have done better. This can help you move on to your next project with a clearer vision of what you want your outcome to be.

Over the past few years, however, I have realized how important it is to start and end with reflection. Although it is usually saved for the end of a project, starting with reflection can help you to get an idea of where you are and where you want to be.

Before you start a new project, ask yourself:

Why am I doing this?

How does this reflect my brand?

What do I hope to get out of this project?

What do I want my audience to get out of this project?


Asking yourself these questions can help you to lay the foundation of what you're working on, whether it be a project, product, organization or website.

Observing your own intentions is something you need to do before starting something new.

Reflecting on what you want out of your life is crucial to getting what you want and being the person you were meant to be.

Are you starting a new project soon? Let me know about it in the comments below. I would love to learn more about what you're working on.

4 comments:

  1. Loved this post! School is crazy right now, and this is such a great reminder to take a moment and process. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    Love from Texas,
    Kate

    http://www.alonestarstateofsouthern.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tip really helped me out before I started school projects, especially in my Senior year of college! I'm glad you liked the post, and I can't wait to check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. This is definitely a great post, it helps to be reflective before oyu start anything to make sure it's well-thought out . I tend to just jump into things, not always good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment!

      I am the same way. I can be very impulsive when it comes to some things, and I start to jump into things I shouldn't. Reflecting before acting can definitely help!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...