Pages

October 27, 2014

The Benefits of Taking a Break

The Benefits of Taking a Break

For those of you who follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you are used to seeing a minimum of ten posts a week advertising my blog. I post every story on social media and usually a reminder or two throughout the week/weekend. My schedule is to post three times a week, and I love it. It works with my work schedule and gives me time to plan and write.

The last week or two have been strangely quiet around the blog.

Why?

Because life happens.

I did not have the energy - physically or emotionally - to keep up with my posts. I had a lot of other things going on with my family, friends, and work. So I decided to take some time off.

And I don't feel guilty.

I have learned the importance of giving yourself time off when you really need it. The importance of taking a breath and listening to your mind and body. What is it telling you? Last week it was telling me to throw myself into my work instead of my blog. The other week it was telling me to focus on my mental health. I even took a half day off of work to recuperate.

Listen to yourself and know that taking a break is not a bad thing. You come first.

When is the last time you listened to yourself and decided to take day off? Let me know in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...