Pages

September 29, 2014

Revitalize your Morning Routine

Revitalize Your Morning Routine | Jacklyn-Lee.com

What does your typical morning look like? Do you wake up to the screech of your alarm clock, hit the snooze button and end up late to work? Maybe you like your morning routine but you wish it had a little more 'oomph' to it.

I firmly believe that a good morning routine sets the tone for the rest of your day. When I lay around in bed and don't leave time for myself in the morning, it can throw off my whole day.

A few months ago, before I had a set morning routine, I sat down and wondered what I wanted my mornings to look like. I knew that I wanted to wake up early enough to relax a little bit, put on makeup, pick out my clothes and maybe listen to some fun music or watch a show while I got ready. I wanted something quick and easy that didn't require a lot of thought but that still left me ready to face the day.

Taking care of yourself can be hard. Some of us just don't have that voice inside our heads that reminds us to do all of the things we should be doing like washing our face or brushing our teeth. I promise that once you get in the habit of doing these things day after day, they become second nature.

So sit down and think about what you want your morning routine to look like. Do you want to workout every morning? If so, that might require you to get up a little earlier. Or maybe you want to have more time to sleep. Try setting out your clothes the night before or packing your food for the week ahead of time.

Your morning routine is for you. Don't let anyone else tell you how you should prepare for your day. Some people get up at 4 A.M. and are good to go while others are good with waking up at 10.

Find what works for you. Find your process, write down what you want, and go for it. Write down a reminder and practice it every morning until it feels like second nature.

Before you know it you'll be waking up feeling happy, excited and revitalized.

What does your morning routine look like? Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...