Pages

October 31, 2014

10 Movies to Watch this Halloween Weekend

10 Movies to Watch this Halloween Weekend

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. In fact, my plan for this weekend consists of me cuddling up in bed with some candy and a scary movie instead of dressing up and going out. Watching a good movie always puts me in the mood for Halloween, so I decided to share a list of some of my favorites. Check out the list, and share some of your own favorites in the comments below!


The Silence of the Lambs

This movie is definitely creepy enough to give you goosebumps on a dark Halloween night. No matter how many times I watch this, Anthony Hopkins and Ted Levine's characters always make me want to hide under my bed. A classic.

Pan's Labyrinth

An absolutely beautiful movie by Guillermo del Toro. One of my favorites. If you don't think this movie is worthy of your Halloween night, you are definitely mistaken. The Pale Man scene alone is enough to fuel your nightmares for the next week.

Donnie Darko

I have a love-hate relationship with this movie, but I think it's perfect for Halloween. It's just weird enough to be a great movie to watch this weekend. The only downside to this movie is that it doesn't leave you with a 'happy ever after' feeling, so if that's what you're looking for, this movie may not be for you. (Plus, Frank is horrifying. No thanks.)

Saw

You can't go through Halloween without watching at least one Saw movie. Incredibly violent and a little crazy, the Saw movies are fun to watch on their own or in one long Saw marathon. There are seven movies, though, so if you do marathon them...godspeed.

Paranormal Activity

In my experience, people either hate this movie and don't think it's scary at all or they can't watch it because they think it's horrifying. I belong to the second group. I still can't watch this movie by myself because it freaks me out. I mean, getting dragged out of bed by a demon? No thanks, I'll keep my feet under the covers from now on.

The Possession

One of my favorite horror movies. It's a lesser known movie that is based on the story of the dybbuk box. The acting, especially from the possessed girl, is amazing and it has just enough jump scares to keep you entertained.

The Conjuring

This may be my all time favorite horror movie. This movie has the right combination of a good plot, jump scares, and 'slow burn' scares to make it incredible. I highly recommend picking this one up this weekend. Pick up some popcorn too, because you will be stress-eating the whole time.

Insidious

Another movie I watched in the dark with friends. I later had to leave the room because I was terrified. Insidious isn't your typical horror movie. It dips its toes into science fiction a little bit, but it works. The scene where you hear a voice coming from the baby monitor? Crazy. Scary.

Cabin in the Woods

A crazy weird movie by Joss Whedon. It plays off of the typical horror movie tropes, and although a lot of the movie is supposed to be ironic, some of the scenes come off as just plain scary. Another amazing movie by Whedon. Plus, it has Chris Hemsworth in it. Not the scariest movie on the list, but it's so good that I just had to add it.

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Robert Englund's Freddy Krueger is classic, but I always found him to be more funny than scary. Jackie Earle Haley plays a Krueger that definitely doesn't bring any laughs. The 2010 remake is one of my absolute favorite horror movies, and will probably be my go-to this Halloween weekend.








What are some of your favorite horror movies? Recommend some below in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...