Pages

October 29, 2014

Wednesday Whimsy

Happy National Cat Day!

Do you spend the majority of your day working at a desk? Ember and March has some awesome tips for keeping your productivity up when you're stationary for most of your day. This is for you work at home kids, too!

Although turtlenecks aren't usually my jam, I am in love with idea of layering a flannel shirt under a neutral-colored sweater. Caitlin definitely rocks this look. Perfect for fall and winter, if I do say so myself. Also, can I please raid her closet? This is my official request...

Spice up your blog with an interview, timeline or essay! Awesome ways to diversify your blog content.

My kitten Dolly and my sister's cat Oliver are seriously adorable. They constantly cuddle with each other and give each other baths. It's pretty gross. The amount of PDA that goes on in my house between these two is disgusting.

Ask for what you want. Trust yourself. Levo League tells you how to feel more powerful on a daily basis.

I am a huge fan of handwritten notes, whether they be thank-you notes or notes just to say 'hey.' Learn how to get in the habit of writing more notes.

"Be hungry without being entitled. Nothing is going to get handed to you; you have to go after what you want. Very few editors are going to beg you to write a five-page feature. You have to approach them and say, “I want to do this and I think I’ll do a great job.” Carving your own way is key, but you also need to know the fine line between being persistent and pesky." - Caitlin Hacker

Share some of your own whimsy in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...